Friday, June 28, 2013

Hello, miss me?

So, a lot has happened and I have been MIA.  We moved from Salem to Winnemucca last August for work.  It wasnt what I really wanted, but it allowed us to be a family full time. Michael no more would be working away from home 4-5 days a week.

Michael now works for Hycroft Gold Mine.  He likes it and loves that he is no longer forced to work overtime and has a lot more time with me and the boys.  He started as a haul truck driver and now does support work opperating the rubber tire dozer or loader.  He would like to operate the grader on the county road, but is still waiting for that bid. 

The boys are doing pretty good in school and are now enjoying summer.  Peyton is going into 1st grade and Jordan 4th.  I have a hard time believeing I have a 6, almost 7, year old and a 9 year old. .

Peyton is a funny guy.  He says the most hilareaous things.  Just a couple of weeks ago we were out by the fire and I thought it was chilly.  I asked if he wanted to get some pants or if he was tough.  Without skipping a beat he replied with, "I'm tough like an unshaven man!" Just one of the many little comments he makes.  He's so happy and so loving.  He admire his big brother and wants to do what he is doing.  I love the relationship between them.  I'm so blessed to have two boys who love each other so much and get along so well. 

Jordan is still obbessed with trains.  He struggles in school because he has dyslexia, but it is not anything we cant work with and we are.  We discovered that assistive writing technology is a wonderful aid for him.  For the first time in a long time he came home from school excited because he was finally able to get his thoughts out on paper and his handwriting was not an issue for him.

I am now working as a substitue aide for the Humboldt County School District.  I love it!  It allows me to work during school hours and be home with them before and after school.  I hope to get on full time this next year. 

Next week we go to Yellowstone National Park with my sister and her family.  We are excited to go. It is always fun to spend time with them.  I will post on our trip when we get back. 


No comments: