Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gingerbread Jubilee

So, my dear friend, Rebecca, talked me into doing a gingerbread house for the Ginger Roger's Gingerbread Jubilee fundraiser this year. So, Jordan and I decided to do "The Three Little Pigs". We, or should I say, I started this project about a month ago. With little knowledge of decorating cakes,or even how to go about making gingerbread I started this journey. I did take pictures of the process, but have to download them off the big camera, that takes more time than I want to take right now. I learned how to use everyday food items and build things. For instance, Big Red gum became bricks and shredded wheat becomes straw. And because everything must be made out of food for the contest instead of using modeling clay for the pigs and wolf I used fondant and the expertise of my friend, Rebecca, to create them.

My helper... well sortof. He took a bite out of the wolf sign and scratched the mud.













The show is this weekend, Saturday thru Wednesday, at the Ginger Rogers theater. Come and enjoy the fun and the art!

No comments: