Monday, November 17, 2008

Mr Independent

Now, I know that I have tried to raise my children to be independent, but I wasnt prepared for this.

This morning Jordan informs me that Dad was to take him to school today. Okay,no problem. Then we are on our way and he tells us that he didnt want Mommy OR Daddy to take him in. That he could do it by himself. What! What a minute! I'm sorry but your not old enough to go in by yourself yet. You are only four, is what I'm thinkin. So, Dad had to park across the parking lot and so I told him that I had to walk him across the parking lot and he could walk himself in. So, I get him across and let him go to school "on his own". Le sigh, my boy is growing up. So, while he is "walking to school on his own" I'm following about 20 steps behind ducking behind trees, other parents, and teacher's aides. Of course Mr. Independent has to stop and tell everyone that he told Mommy and Daddy he do it himself.

Like I said, I want him to be independent and I'm happy he is, I just want him to need me a little longer.

No comments: